Impromy Forum

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Impromy Dietitian 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rebecca Harrop
    Participant

Is there another Cookbook (not the one in the starter box) that you recommend? Im cooking for a very young family, i like the recipes but like to have more recipe options.

alison clark
    Participant

You could try the CSIRO total wellbeing diet cookbook. May need to adapt some of the recipes though. Just work off the principle of 200g of protein + free veggies.

Hi Rebecca,

Alison is correct, you can use the CSIRO recipes however some of them will need to adapted to ensure they contain 200g of a protein source and 2 cups of free food vegies only. Otherwise check out the Flexi cookbook that comes in the starter kit, the recipes are also available online under the recipes tab. You can also adapt your own recipes if you prefer, again just make sure the recipe includes 200g of a protein source and 2 cups of free food vegies.

I hope this helps.

Rebecca Harrop
    Participant

Yes, thank you all.

Lynne Cook
    Participant

What I want to know is why the recipes are all for 4 people. Given that often only one person in a family is dieting or as in my case, I live alone, I’m surprised there aren’t more recipes (or another cookbook with recipes) for one or maybe two people.  Yes, some can be frozen, but many can’t. And I’m also disappointed at how ‘trendy’ the food is.

Sorry, I thought I had a question, but it looks like I just needed to complain.

Hi Lynne,

The recipes are not only suitable for those following Impromy, these are healthy recipes that can and should be consumed by the entire family. Allowing 4 serves ensures that members can still enjoy a meal with their family without having to cook separate meals, making meal times easier for the member, allowing the member to feel supported by their family and it also displays good role modelling for the rest of the family too. If you live on your own the benefit of 4 serves if that you can have leftovers during the week, alternatively you can cook only half the recipe so it serves 2.

I hope this helps.

Kimmy Jones
    Participant

I agree.  It should not be assumed everyone is part of a family.  I am the only one in my household, and its hard to modify all the recipes for 1 serve only.   Easier to multiple a single recipe amount for the required number of serves.

A singles cookbook would be great.

Hi Kimmy,

If you live on your own the benefit of 4 serves if that you can have leftovers during the week and don’t need to cook every night if that is what you prefer, it is also cheaper to buy ingredients in larger quantities and  it can help to avoid food wastage (for example only using 1/4 of a capsicum).   Alternatively you can cook only half the recipe so it serves 2 or even just a quarter of the recipe to serve one.

I will however pass your feedback onto the team.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.