Impromy Forum

Home Forums Impromy Program Discussions Impromy bonus benefits

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  C T 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kerryn
    Participant

It’s coming up 3 weeks on Impromy, and I’m delighted. Initially some reservations about a meal replacement program, but thought the best thing was to give it a go and see what happened. Well, yes I’ve lost weight but what has surprised me is a significant improvement in mood. I have chronic clinical depression & I’ve been on medication for years. It’s early days, and I’d want to see this last longer before I talk with my doctor about reducing medication. Since other weightloss programs have exacerbated my depression, this side effect has caught me by surprise.

My question for the dietician, is there any particular nutrient, mineral or vitamin that might be linked to this effect? There is nothing else that has changed in my life and it has been a marked change. Possibly something previously lacking in my diet?

Kerryn
    Participant

I saw my pharmacist today, and asked him about this very welcome side effect. He’s pointed to sugars & carbohydrates as a likely explanation. I’ve ordered a couple of books… Grain Brain, and Grain Brain Cookbook, both by Dr David Perlmutter for a better understanding of the link between carbohydrates and mental health. 3 weeks & down 6kg!!!

C T
    Participant

I found I felt better simply because every day when I wake up I am in a program that I am using to address my weight issue, rather than feeling bad about my weight (and therefore myself).  Having had success also makes me go easy on myself when there are days I slip off the program.  The addictive nature of sugar is hideous!  I also think the reduction in salt allowing fluid to leave the body is an important key.  I have not been a big salt eater in all my adult life, but this program has seen me reduce my usage even further and I find whenever I use a salty product (commercial stock for example) I feel dehydrated in the night.  Keep going and good luck Kerryn, CT

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.