Impromy Forum

Home Forums Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Non sweet alternatives to shakes, replacement meals and flexi snack

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Impromy Dietitian 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kerry-Ann O’Grady
    Participant

Hi

I have started the program but I am a very savoury eater and I am finding that have the flexi shakes, replacement meals and shakes difficult given they are all sweet tasting with a lot of chocolate (other than the chicken and vegie soups which I don’t find very palatable). Are there ways to make these taste like I am not drinking sweet flavoured milkshakes or alternatives to having things coated in (or drizzled on) chocolate? Even the coffee flavoured shakes taste very sweet.

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the feedback however there is no way to mask the taste of the meal replacement shakes and bars. You may prefer the soups instead.

Donna
    Participant

I mix the shakes with another 200ml of filtered water, pre make them and put them in the fridge.  I find this way they are a bit less sweet and thicker in consistency.  I also find that if I eat a “meal” (stir fried vegies, homemade soup) with the shake, it reduces the “hit” of sweetness. A shot of coffee to the vanilla/choc/coffee shakes might help reduce the sweetness too, good luck!

Hi all,

Please keep in mind it is a requirement to mix the meal replacements with milk.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.