Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
2 medium heads radicchio, halved and chopped into bite-size pieces
1 bunch basil leaves, roughly torn
125g (2.5 cups) baby spinach
190g (2 cups) broccoli florets
250g packet pre-cooked baby beets
80g reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
1 lemon, zest and juice (1/3 cup)
3 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 x 200g sirloin steaks, all fat trimmed
Ground black pepper to season
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil and drop the broccoli florets in. Leave for around 3 minutes to blanch. They will turn bright green in colour and are just tender when ready.
2. Drain broccoli and drop into a pot of cool water to chill.
3.Quarter the baby beets into wedges.
4. While the broccoli cools, make the dressing. Mix lemon zest and juice, 2 tsp olive oil, Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar together.
5. Once cool, place broccoli in a bowl and mix with radicchio, diced beetroot, feta and dressing. Chill in the fridge.
6. Drizzle the steaks with the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil and sprinkle with pepper on both sides.
7. Warm a frying/grill pan on high heat, when hot, add the steaks and cook for 6
minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
8. Once cooked, transfer to a plate to rest for 2 minutes then serve with the salad.
Add ice to the water when cooling broccoli to ensure it stops cooking straight away!
1 Serve =
2 units protein
1 unit fats
0.25 unit dairy
2.75 units vegetables
This recipe features in the Fast/Fresh/Flexi Cookbook, available in store for every new starter on. The Flexi Program.
Pick up a Flexi shake pack in store, or book a FREE Impromy consultation at your local pharmacy. Find your closest participating pharmacist on our store locator.